Ann Colbourne, M.D. (I ’93, ADGM ’94)
Alumni Association Board member
- Senior Medical Director; Lead, Culture, Transformation and Innovation, Alberta Health Services, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Fellowship: Advanced General Internal Medicine, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education
- Medical School: Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- Graduate: University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Undergraduate: Memorial University of Newfoundland; University of Oxford
- Native of: Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
What was your initial impression of Mayo Clinic?
Superlative patient and family focus, extraordinary staff, inspired leaders ¾ a well-oiled machine.
How does Mayo Clinic influence your practice?
Mayo became my professional home. When I think of extraordinary care, I try to emulate the service and care of Mayo colleagues.
What valuable lesson did you learn at Mayo Clinic?
The value of listening intently to the patient’s story.
How do you contribute to the Mayo Clinic Alumni Association?
I bring a Canadian perspective on patient- and family-centered care and health system transformation.
What do you do in your spare time?
I enjoy photography, nature watching, walking, gardening and spending time in the kitchen creating tasty treats.
What would people be surprised to know about you?
I have an obsession for West Highland white terriers.