The Mayo Clinic Early- and Mid-Career Alumni Awards acknowledges contributions by an alumnus or alumna of Mayo’s education programs based on a person’s tenure of service in their area of expertise. The awards aim to recognize alumni throughout their professional lives by recognizing dedication to Mayo Clinic values while advancing medical practice, research, and education. Recipients will receive an award certificate and recognition gift and will be announced in Mayo Clinic Alumni magazine.
Early-Career = working in their area of expertise for 10-15 years
Mid-Career = working in their area of expertise for more than 15 years
“… any person who had physical strength,
intellectual capacity or unusual opportunity held such endowments
in trust to do with them for others in proportion to his gifts.”
William J. Mayo, M.D.
Alumni of Mayo Clinic who meet one or more of the following criteria will be considered:
- Robust contributions to their area of expertise, in education, clinical practice, clinical and scientific research and administration
- Demonstration of community service and/or patient advocacy
- Behavior and character aligned with Mayo Clinic values
A committee comprised of representatives from the Mayo Clinic Alumni Association, Mayo Clinic Education, Practice and Research, Medical director of Alumni Relations and Director of Alumni Relations will review the applications
Members of the Mayo Clinic faculty should submit the following to make a nomination:
- A completed nomination form
- A letter of nomination describing in detail how the nominee meets the award criteria
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae and bibliography
- Letters of recommendation (three required, no additional letters accepted)
- Nomination deadline: March 1, 2024
New in 2024!