Dawn Davis, M.D. (PD ’03, DERM ’06)
Alumni Association Board member
- Associate Professor of Dermatology and Pediatrics, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Fellowship: Pediatric Dermatology, Mayo Foundation Scholar, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education
- Residency: Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Dermatology, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education
- Undergraduate: University of Missouri, Columbia
- Native of: Kansas City, Missouri
Why did you decide to pursue medicine?
I became interested in health care in high school. Physicians have the privilege of assisting others in times of need while learning from them. I am a people person and wanted to be intellectually challenged in my career. Medicine is a natural fit. I love seeing my patients in the clinic and getting to know them as individuals. They teach me something every day.
How does Mayo Clinic influence your practice?
Working at Mayo makes me a better person and a better physician. My colleagues are very bright and help me diagnose previously unrecognized diseases and provide cutting-edge treatment options for my patients.
What valuable lesson have you learned at Mayo Clinic?
Teamwork is the key to success in any endeavor. Even in the most challenging of circumstances, a solution is possible when people work together toward a common goal.
How do you contribute to the Mayo Clinic Alumni Association?
Mayo alumni are our extended work family. My goal is to ensure our alumni have avenues to connect with Mayo whenever necessary ¾ for patients, professional development and their own medical care.
What do you do in your spare time?
Besides spending time with family and friends, I enjoy dancing, playing musical instruments, craftwork and design, baking desserts, watching sports and reading a good book.