Mayo Clinic President’s Discovery Translation Program announces award recipients
The Mayo Clinic President’s Discovery Translation Program announced a second round of 2018 award recipients. This enterprise initiative provides targeted resources at critical stages of product or service development and supports projects that hold greatest promise for transformative advancement in safety, quality and efficacy of clinical care.
The translation of discovery to clinical and commercial applications fosters the premier position of Mayo Clinic as a center of excellence in medicine and biomedical innovation.
2018 award recipients
“Multikernal Image Synthesis Using a Deep Convolutional Neural Network: Improving Workflow in Clinical CT Imaging”
- Andrew Missert, Ph.D. (RS ’17), Department of Radiology
- Joel Fletcher, M.D. (RGI ’98), Department of Radiology
- Lifeng Yu, Ph.D. (RD ’06), Department of Radiology
- David Holmes, Ph.D. (BPHY ’03, PHYS ’04, CTSA ’11), Department of Physiology and Biomedical Engineering
“Novel Antifibrotic Treatment for Scars and Arthrofibrosis”
- Vera Suman, Ph.D. (MSEP ’90), Department of Biostatistics
- Saranya Wyles, M.D., Ph.D. (CTSA ’17, MED ’17, I ’18, MDPH ’19, DERM 21), Department of Dermatology
“Novel Device for Rapid and Direct Renal Function (Glomerular Filtration Rate, GFR) Measurements”
- John Lieske, M.D. (NEPH ’00), Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine
- Jordan D. Miller, Ph.D. (CS ’09), Department of Cardiovascular Surgery
- John Chen, M.D., Ph.D. (OPH ’14), Department of Ophthalmology, Department of Neurology