Where is the Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine class of 2022 headed?
- 91 matches across 3 campuses
- 37% matched to residencies in-state — Arizona, Florida or Minnesota
- 31% matched to Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medical Education at a Mayo Clinic campus
- 23 states + Washington D.C.
- 35% will be training in Central/Midwest region
- 30% in West
- 19% in South/Southeast
- 16% in Northeast
Top specialty choices in 2022 MCASOM Match
29 students entering surgical specialties
- 5 each in neurosurgery, ophthalmology and orthopedic surgery
- 4 each in general surgery and OB-GYN
- 2 each for ENT, urology and plastic surgery
- 12 matched in internal medicine
- 8 in psychiatry
- 6 each in anesthesiology and dermatology
- 5 in emergency medicine
- 4 each in family medicine and radiology
- 3 each in neurology, pediatrics and radiation oncology
- 2 each in child neurology, internal medicine/pediatrics and pathology
- 1 each in physical medicine and rehabilitation, and interventional radiology
Learn more about the students who matched this year.