The Plummer Award for Excellence is given to honor a distinguished career in Internal Medicine and/or Medical Subspecialties.
The award seeks to acknowledge a member of the Mayo Clinic Alumni Association who has excelled in the field of Internal Medicine and/or related subspecialties; served as a valued mentor; achieved recognition in Internal Medicine or a Medical Subspecialty; and contributed meaningfully as an innovator or thought leader in practice, education, research or administration. The award is presented at the Mayo Clinic Alumni Association biennial meeting.
- Business class travel expenses to receive the award
- Two nights stay in biennial meeting conference hotel
- Meeting registration fee waived
- Award Plaque
- Individual award will be given
- Must be present at the Mayo Clinic Alumni Association biennial meeting to receive the award.
2007 – Henry J. Schultz, M.D.
2009 – Edward C. Rosenow, M.D.
2011 – S. Ann Colbourne, M.D.
2013 – Walter R. Wilson, M.D.
2015 – Gregory Gores, M.D.